What you should know in case of a collision.
Should your Mercedes-Benz vehicle be damaged in a collision, we want to help ensure that you have access to an auto repair facility that meets not only our high standards for workmanship, integrity and safety, but your standards as well. Take a moment to familiarize yourself the contents of this page. It can assist you with the police, your insurance company and your repairs. It also provides valid reasons why Mercedes-Benz Certified Collision Centers are recommended for your Mercedes-Benz auto repair.
In the event of a collision, the following suggestions may assist you.
- Stop – no matter how minor the collision – in a safe, well-lit area.
- Notify the local police. Ask for an ambulance if necessary.
- Have your driver’s license, registration and insurance information ready
when the police arrive.
- Write down the names and phone numbers of any witnesses and information of the injured, if any.
- Use your phone’s camera or carry a camera in the glove box to document
the vehicles and the scene.
- If necessary, contact Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance at 1-800-367-6372, and have your vehicle towed to your
- Mercedes-Benz Authorized Collision Auto Repair Facility.
- Notify your insurance company.
Why you should demand auto repair by a Mercedes-Benz Certified Collision Center
- Eligible customers receive complimentary towing to the facility via Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance.
- Mercedes-Benz Genuine Parts for all auto repairs help maintain the original performance and integrity of your Mercedes-Benz.
- Limited warranty covers all Mercedes-Benz Genuine Parts.
- Mercedes-Benz trained auto repair technicians use factory-approved procedures that help produce safer repairs and get you back on the road in less time.
- These facilities have made extensive investments in Mercedes-Benz specified tooling to help ensure that their technical staff has the right tools for all repairs.
- Only Mercedes-Benz Approved Aluminum Repair Facilities are factory-authorized to repair Mercedes-Benz ASF® aluminum construction.
- First-quality repairs help maximize vehicle value.
- Limited lifetime warranty on paint repairs through OEM paint suppliers.
Your rights as a customer.
Whether you financed the purchase of your Mercedes-Benz or you are leasing it, collision insurance is required. This helps protect you and the finance company by helping to ensure sufficient funds are available to repair the vehicle in case of a collision. Certain consumer rights are included with the purchase of an automotive insurance policy.
- The insurance company must provide you a copy of your policy. Read it carefully to make sure you understand your rights under the terms of the policy.
- You may cancel or change insurance at any time. You don’t have to wait until your policy is up for renewal.
- While an insurer may recommend a repair facility, you have the right to decide where to have your Mercedes-Benz repaired, unless that right is limited by your insurance policy.
- Insist that your insurer and repair facility agree to the use of Mercedes-Benz Genuine Parts and Mercedes-Benz approved repair procedures to make all repairs.
- By choosing a Mercedes-Benz Certified Collision Center, you help ensure that the correct parts and procedures are used to repair your Mercedes-Benz.