2022 Mercedes-Benz S 500 vs Mercedes-Benz S 580: What’s the Difference?
The 2022 Mercedes-Benz S-Class is impressive even by the high standards of the Mercedes-Benz brand. While they have their similarities, two of the class’s models — the Mercedes-Benz S 500 and Mercedes-Benz S-580 — have some important differences as well, making a significant difference in your luxury motoring experience.
2022 Mercedes-Benz S-Class in Brief
There are actually five variations on the 2022 Mercedes-Benz S-Class, including some we aren’t discussing here. For information on those other models, and the distinct customization options available to each, we encourage you to contact Mercedes-Benz of Los Angeles.
2022 Mercedes-Benz S 500
We begin with the 2022 Mercedes-Benz S 500, which shares the upgrade model’s 4MATIC® all-wheel drive and nine-speed transmission but offers a different engine. In this case, it’s a 429-horsepower turbocharged inline six-cylinder engine with 48V mild hybrid technology.
Both cars share numerous tech and safety features, including:
- 64-color ambient interior lighting
- Three-inch displays for driver information and MBUX® infotainment
- Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay®
- Navigation enhanced with augmented reality
- Front seats that are heated and ventilated, with a massage function
- Adaptive air suspension
- A 360-degree camera system
- Driver assist aids that include adaptive cruise control, active steering, blind spot monitoring, parking assist, and forward collision warning with automatic emergency braking
Mercedes-Benz S 580
The Mercedes-Benz S 580 swaps in a 4.0-liter twin-turbocharged mild-hybrid V8 engine that delivers 496 horsepower and 516 lb-ft of torque. It offers features that aren’t available to the lower model; these include a new E-Active Body Control® feature, plus an Executive Line Package with dual-screen rear entertainment, massaging rear seats, and other desirable features.
Customize Your 2022 Mercedes-Benz S-Class
At Mercedes-Benz of Los Angeles, we strive to deliver a customer experience as distinctive as the vehicles we carry. Visit today for further information, to schedule a test drive, and to arrange Mercedes-Benz financing.